Funding for First Nations to engage on First Nations regional post-secondary education models
Financial support to First Nations to develop long-term, First Nations regional post-secondary education models.
Funding ends in March 2022
The 3-year funding for Engagement Towards the Development of First Nations Regional Post-Secondary Education Models will end in March 2022. The 2021 to 2022 program guidelines will remain on this webpage for reference. If you have any questions, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
On this page
About the program
This program supports First Nations in their development of comprehensive, integrated, First Nations regional post-secondary education models that will be accessible to all status First Nations people (registered Indians).
These may include treaty-based, self-government or regional models to enable First Nations control of First Nations education. Models may include funding to support:
- First Nations institutes
- adult education and facilities
- community-based programming
Eligible expenditures include all activities related to the engagement and development of First Nations regional post-secondary education models, including:
- delivering information sessions
- conducting research and consultations
- discussion tables
- service mapping
- identifying the roles and responsibilities of First Nations and First Nations-designated or directed organizations in the model
Who can apply
- Band councils of recognized First Nations bands
- Organizations designated by band councils, such as:
- bands or settlements
- tribal councils
- education organizations, political or treaty organizations engaged by, or on behalf of, First Nations
- Self-governing First Nations in Yukon that have not yet assumed responsibility for post-secondary education through a programs and services transfer agreement or through the terms of their self-government agreement
The 2021 to 2022 call for work plans is now closed. We don't accept anymore the submission of new work plans at this time.
How to apply
Interested applicants should contact their ISC regional office.
For more information, consult the Engagement Towards the Development of First Nations Regional Post-Secondary Education Models: National Guidelines 2021 to 2022.
Thank you for your feedback